Business Support Network
The London BioScience Innovation Centre has established a Business Support Network (BSN), in order to provide support and guidance to entrepreneurial start-ups and overseas companies establishing a base at the Centre.
The network brings together a number of specialist service providers such as regulatory affairs specialists, accountants, legal experts and HR professionals, to provide potential and existing LBIC clients with a full business support package.
Associate Service Providers have been selected by LBIC on the basis of their industry experience and their ability to provide relevant and timely support to companies.
Who will benefit?
Entrepreneurial start-ups and foreign owned companies establishing a physical or virtual presence in LBIC will benefit from professional, confidential business advice at preferential rates.
All our service providers offer relevant advice and guidance based on an in-depth knowledge of the global life sciences industry. All have a named contact in central London.
How does it work?
To access LBIC's Business Support Network and benefit from preferential rates, companies can sign up to become an LBIC Virtual Client for six months, at an introductory rate of £600 (representing a saving of 40% on the usual monthly fee), and in return, receive the following benefits:
- A virtual office presence
- A dedicated telephone line answered in your company name and redirected to a number of your choice
- Post collection and redirection
- 24 hour access to the Centre, meeting rooms and teleconferencing facilities at standard discounted client rates
- Access to LBIC's dedicated management team - with expertise in the life sciences, technology exploitation, business development and international investment
As a client of LBIC you will also benefit from direct access to a network of professional service providers offering free initial consultations and ongoing preferential rates on the following:
- Help with registration at Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs
- Guidance on banking and accounting services
- Access to HR and recruitment specialists
- Market research including: company information, partner searches and mailing lists
- Advice on R&D insurance
- Patent and trade mark support
- Regulatory affairs expertise and guidance
- Pricing, reimbursement and market access advice for UK and Europe
- Access to a network of over 130 biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies located within Greater London
At the end of six months, you have the option to continue with your Virtual office (charged at the standard monthly rate of £150). If you wish to upgrade to office or laboratory space, we can discuss options, subject to availability. Either way, you will continue to benefit from preferential rates on services.
If you choose not to continue as a Virtual Client after the six month period there are no strings attached and no penalty clauses.
If you are considering setting up a bioscience business or establishing a subsidiary in London, please get in touch:
Dr Ken Larkin